Sunday, March 16, 2008

Update...

Can you believe my baby is one???? Me neither!!!! Aidan turned one on March 13 and it was a fun day! I had great plans for a neat birthday cake and a yummy dinner! So...I made the cupcakes and put them into the oven to bake only to find out that the oven is broken! Super right? So we scratched our plans for pizza and took the kids to McDonalds for dinner! The kids were thrilled! Then we went to Walmart and bought cupcakes. I took them home and scraped off the frosting and then used our frosting to make his little basketball cupcakes. He loves balls and I was going to do baseballs and basketballs but since we had to buy them we decided to just make basketballs. Noah thought they were the coolest cupcakes ever! He always makes me feel better! Aidan was so excited to get his hands on one of his cakes but when he finally got it he wasn't quite sure what to do! He accidentally stuck his finger in his mouth and decided that cake was YUMMY! He is our first child to actually eat the cake after they have destroyed it! He had a great time! After baths, we let the kids "help" open his presents. You would have thought it was their birthday! They were so excited. He got a lot of fun presents and the big kids have had just as much fun playing with them as he has! Thanks to everyone who sent gifts for him...we really appreciate it! All in all it was a great day...even if it made mommy a little sad that he is getting so big so fast!

2 comments:

Randy said...

I have been looking for you. I finally got married and tried to send you an invite.
Finding your blog made my day!
P.S. I married Eliza's brother in-law
Brittany Brown-Wall

Randy said...

Your children are so cute. I am so excited for you. I can't believe that you have 3.