Sunday, November 11, 2007

The latest...

Well, not much has changed around here. It is cold and windy but we haven't gotten any snow...YET! Apparently, this is quite uncommon for Evanston. I told Nate that maybe we brought the warm weather from Logan with us. Now that I have said that, we will probably get slammed with a huge winter storm. Things are going well here. We are really liking Evanston. We LOVE our ward. Nate got released from Assistant Scoutmaster so that he could be put in as the Scoutmaster and second counselor in the Young Mens. I am really liking teaching primary. I never realized how crazy 9 and 10 year olds are...and I thought three year olds were bad. Noah is doing so well with his potty training. He wears his "knight" underwear (basic tighty whitey's) and has only had two accidents. He even went to nursery today and came and got me when he had to go potty. He is so proud of himself. Now we are just working on the poopy part...that is tough...and the overnight stuff! It is a long process but we are finally on our way! Talia is starting to really love her "babies". She puts them down for naps. She even tried to change the Ninja turtle's diaper this week. Aidan is starting to walk along the furniture which results in a lot of battle wounds. My primary kids thought that he had a grass stain on his head but it was just one of many bruises. He is such a sweet boy. We are loving being at home together in the evenings. I still can't believe that I don't have to work anymore. It is a dream come true. I can't wait for the holidays...that will be such a change for me. We are taking the kids on a train ride on Dec. 7 so that is something we are really looking forward to. My whole family is coming since we won't be together this Christmas. I am so excited!! We are just looking forward to having LOTS of time together this year without having to work. YEAH!!!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am so glad that you get to enjoy your evenings, weekends and Holidays with your family and not Dillards!!:) You totally deserve it!! Although, I do miss our dept. parties!