Sunday, May 10, 2009

The BEST job...

Some houses try to hide the fact that childen
Shelter there
Ours boast of it quite openly the signs are
Everywhere
From smears on the windows
To little smudges on the doors
I should apologize
I guess for the
Toys strewn on the floor...
But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read,
And if the doorbell doesn't shine their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other..
I'd like to be a housewife, but first I'll be a mother.


My friend Allison had this on her blog a while ago and I thought it was the perfect description of my life right now. I never thought that I would have any kids let alone four! I am so grateful to be their mommy and hope that they know that I would never trade the time I have with them for all the money in the world. Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. I spend more time frustrated and on the verge of tears than I would like. I am learning more every day and hopefully by the time they move out I will have it all figured out! This time in my life is going by far too fast so this year I am going to play more and worry less. I really do LOVE my life and I know that being a mom is the BEST job in the world!


2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that!! I agree its much more important to be a good mom than have a clean house!!

Alli E. said...

How perfect for Mother's Day!! I am so glad you got your 4 babies!!