Sunday, May 3, 2009

Joseph or a Jedi???



My sewing skills are limited...seriously limited! This week I made Talia some skirts for church because she has outgrown a lot of her dresses! I thought I could save us a little money and make a simple elastic waist skirt. They turned out pretty well actually. Once Noah saw me making something for Talia, he wanted to know what I would sew for him. I told him that I didn't know how to make anything other than skirts. He then asked for a Star Wars cloak like Obi Wan wears. Are you kidding me??? I told him I didn't know how but that I would look for a pattern and see what I could do. There are no EASY patterns on the internet for a Star Wars cloak. I told him I couldn't do it but he said "sure you can Mommy...you are smart"...so...I did it! I cut up and old sheet and made him my version of a Jedi cloak. So this is what you get when your four year old has tons of faith in you! Now I know that it looks somewhat like Joseph in the Nativity scene but Noah thinks it is pretty awesome and just think...we don't need a costume for the Christmas story this year!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so fun to read all of your posts! I think Noah looks exactly like a jedi! Nice work! I lack sewing skills too!!
His head is pretty cool. I'm glad he's feeling better!

Unknown said...

oh ps this is Jamie. I forgot I was signed in under my new blog!!

Jenny said...

Hey, just be glad I didn't sew his outfit! I think it looks great and it will last a few years which is even better.

AdAmy said...

I love the Jedi Cloak, it looks awesome!! What a cool Mom you are, and very talented.

Brittany said...

The jedi cloak looks great.

Lindsey said...

What a great Jedi cloak! Good for you! I love how sweet Noah was in coaxing you. How could you say no?!
I also want to see pic of Talia's skirts. I am way impressed.