Friday, June 11, 2010

Finley's picture...


After we delivered Finley, the hospital sent us home with lots of sweet things to remember her by. They took molds of her hands and feet and dressed her in a tiny gown and booties and wrapped her in beautiful blankets. They had a gold ring that they put on her arm along with a teddy bear that she held. They took pictures of our sweetheart and sent all of it home in a little box. You should never have to look in a box to remember your child. It just isn't right. I was determined to put it all into a shadow box that we could hang on our wall. Here is what I came up with. Thank you to my sister, Ashley for helping me. I am by far not the most talented or creative person but I did it all with more love than you will ever know. I wish like anything that I could change things and have her in our arms but at least her picture is on the wall with her brothers and sister. That is where she belongs because she will always be a part of our forever family!!!

8 comments:

Jonie Marie said...

This is so sweet Shay. I think it turned out perfectly. loves to you!

Alli E. said...

So precious!!

Lori Davis said...

You did a great job! It is beautiful just as it should be. We've been thinking of your family.

Jenny said...

I love it, it's a beautiful way to always remember your sweet baby girl.

Lindsey said...

Wow, what a thoughtful hospital. The shadow box is so sweet, Shae. I love the quote on the side of your blog as well, very touching. Thinking of you :)

Unknown said...

WOW Shay that is so great. I love it. Your right families are forever and you have an extra reason to make it back. You did a really good job.

Unknown said...

WOW Shay that is so great. I love it. Your right families are forever and you have an extra reason to make it back. You did a really good job.

Brittany said...

I can feel the love you have for her. I think it looks perfect.